Copper in Design is proud to present a new exclusive line of high-end aged copper to the luxury interior and exterior world of architecture, furniture and jewellery. This hand made aged Copper is a unique expression of true heritage and workmanship, the influential design movement of past centuries to the modern and contemporary designs of today and future. Our material is strictly custom made; each piece is carefully handcrafted in warm unique textures and fine details giving it a stunning look. Some of the world’s most distinguished modern architects have relied on copper to create landmarks across the globe including;
- Frank Lloyd Wright, a famous architect who specified copper in all of his building projects.
- Michael Graves, an AIA gold medallist who designed over 350 buildings worldwide.
- Renzo Piano, designed pre-painted clad copper for the NEMO-Metropolis Museum of science in Amsterdam.
- Malcolm Holzman, used patina copper shingles at the WCCO Television Communications Centre in Minneapolis which became an architectural standout.
- Marianne Dahlback and Goran Mansson, designed the Vasa Museum, a prominent feature of Stockholm’s’ skyline with 12,000 square metres of copper cladding.
- Frank O. Gehry used copper in an artistic way by designing the enormous fish sculpture atop the Villa Olympia in Barcelona.